IGLUX Experience at Kalastajatorppa
Wake up to the view of the bay covered in winter mist or to the majestic pair of swans floating by. Experience Hilton Helsinki Kalastajatorppa’s new and unique IGLUX experience by the sea!
Kalastajatorppa’s IGLUX Experience offers a wonderful setting for enjoying the peace of nature all year round, whether for an everyday getaway, a weekend staycation, or an active vacation. From IGLUX, you can admire the beautiful sunset of Laajalahti directly from the comfortable double bed, explore the amazing starry sky, or bravely refresh yourself by taking a dip directly in the sea (during summer season) from IGLUX’s own stairs.
IGLUX is an igloo room with 12-cornered glass walls and ceiling, firmly placed on a sturdy pier by the sea. There are six IGLUXs available at the Hilton Helsinki Kalastajatorppa.
Deluxe room and IGLUX in one package
The unique IGLUX Experience always also includes a Deluxe guest room with two twin beds and an option to choose also delicious Hilton buffet breakfast. The Nordic á la carte delicacies of the hotel’s popular restaurant Meritorppa will also make your tongue watering. The green surroundings and versatile activity offer, such as the hotel’s gym, the adjacent tennis court and the SUP board station inspire you to move. Kalastajatorppa’s heated swimming pool and saunas are relaxing both in summer and in winter frosts.
The trip to the center of Helsinki from Munkkiniemi can be easily made by tram, the nearest stop of which is only a few hundred meters from the hotel. You can get there also quickly by car. Outdoor parking is free of charge. The hotel also has a garage and electric car charging stations.
Reservations only through the Hilton reservation system
Book your own experience vacation using Hilton’s online reservation system or directly from the hotel,
tel. +358 9 458 11 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Book the IGLUX experience online here »
When booking online, proceed as follows:
- The booking link opens a calendar view
- Select the desired date and check the number of people
- Room selection will open. The IGLUX Experience can be found selecting room type Deluxe Room with Iglux Experience
- When you choose More Rates, you will see all the price options for IGLUX Experience
- Here you can choose and save with Advance Puchase room rate or select a more flexible price with the right to change and cancel.
Similarly, you can choose the price with or without breakfast (we recommend booking a price that includes breakfast, if purchased at the hotel, the price of breakfast is €31/person)
- Select Book to continue
More information about IGLUX and Deluxe hotel room equipment:
In the IGLUX, you will be comfortable all year round: adjustable air conditioning and electric heating always guarantee a pleasant temperature. The IGLUX contains a comfortable double bed, a small kitchenette and a dry toilet. From the panoramic windows equipped with mirror films, so you can admire the wonderful seascapes of Laajalahti bay in your own peace.
The Deluxe room has two comfortable twin beds with Hilton’s luxury bed linens, and if desired, feather pillows. The room also includes a bathtub and shower, bathrobes and slippers, as well as coffee and tea making equipment and a minibar.
IGLUX equipment list
- Comfortable double bed, 140 x 200 cm.
- Top-quality mattress with optimal resting comfort.
- Hilton pillows and blankets.
- Handy turntable. Drop-down table top 40 x 100 cm. When lifted up, it acts as a mirror.
- Bag storage under the bed. Spring-assisted rising slat base, 30 cm high space the size of the entire bed.
- Radio, USB charging. There is also a light control at the end of the bed.
- Air conditioning brings pleasant cooling during the warm seasons. Quiet and efficient electric heating, on the other hand, provides warmth in cool times.
- A composting toilet separated from the room by a space-saving door curtain.
- Clothes rack with enough space for clothes.
- Entrance that effectively prevents snow and slush from getting inside.
- Panoramic windows equipped with mirror films. Clear insulating glass windows that are toughened and safety laminated on the inside.
- Kitchenette, cold water tap and sink. (not recommended for drinking)
- Base cabinets and drawers.
- Activated carbon filter for kitchen water.
- Sorting for waste